The companies and partners of the project Trama TecnoAmbiental (TTA) and Iniciativas Innovadoras (INI), invite all interested parties to the presentation of the AgroFossilFree project, to learn about its objectives and the Ag Energy Platform. This event will focus on soil carbon sequestration and soil organic matter.
Date: Wednesday, 11 May. From 10h to 12h.
12:00 – 12:10 Welcome and Presentation of the AFF project and the Ag Energy Platform
Jorge Sneij (TRAMA TECNOAMBIENTAL. Manager of the European project AgroFossilFree in Spain)
12:10 – 12:35 Soil carbon sequestration/Soil organic matter.
Carlos Molina Pitarch (AGRACON. Agri-Food and Rural Environment Engineer)
12:35 – 13:50 Open discussion
Moderator Jorge Sneij. Identification of problems related to energy or the implementation and adaptation of such technologies in existing agricultural systems, through questions formulated by the moderator.
- Working groups will be formed among the participants with the following objectives:
- To receive general feedback on clean energy production and energy efficiency technologies and techniques used in open field agriculture.
- Identify issues related to energy or the implementation and adaptation of such technologies in existing agricultural systems.
- Listen to and generate ideas from stakeholders on how to solve these problems or barriers.
- Create collaborative research project proposals between different stakeholders (farmers, extension services, industry and researchers).
- Recommend policies to be incorporated into the new CAP and other policy instruments to assist in the integration of FEFTS into local agriculture.
INFORMATION ABOUT AGROFOSSILFREE
The AgroFossilFree project, funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 programme, is made up of 16 partners from 9 EU countries. The project seeks ways to de-fossilise agriculture, moving towards a fossil-free Europe. The objectives of the project include
- De-fossilisation of EU agriculture.
- Clean energy generation.
- More efficient energy use.
- Optimisation of agricultural production.
- Reduction of GHG emissions.
- Increased economic, agronomic and environmental benefits.