A questionnaire has been developed and serves as an operative tool for an inventory creation survey regarding Fossil-Energy-Free Technologies and Strategies (FEFTS). Through this tool, users have the ability to register and classify FEFTS by filling certain information about specific fields concerning the imported FEFTS.
The following steps need to be followed for FEFTS addition in the AgEnergy platform:
- Initially, users state the FEFTS name, the organization and the email of the user who registers FEFTS, as preliminary identification of FEFTS. In case FEFTS is a scientific paper, the name is the paper title.
- In the following question, users have to select the FEFTS category (1-scientific paper, 2-research project, 3-commercial product, 4-training material, 5-financing mechanisms). Depending on selection of the category, users will be redirected to a distinct set of questions for each FEFTS type.
- After this identification section, a common set of question is addressed for all FEFTS to assess the FEFTS specifications and properly define the agricultural sector that the FEFTS applies. This set of questions refers to:
- Analysis of FEFTS candidate users
- FEFTS type of technology
- Type of agricultural production that this FEFTS is for
- Inquiry of a list of 5 keywords
- Uploading of images, audio-visual material and relevant pdf/ppt or links that lead to this material
- Link of the relevant FEFTS’ website and other related websites
- Additional information can also be provided in English and/or local language.
- Ιn the next group of questions, the FEFTS field of application is clearly defined. Under the current section, investigation of the type of agricultural technology that this FEFTS is used for is conducted. Users are able to define the most appropriate FEFTS field of application, among a list of options. Upon the selection of one category, users are redirected to specific questions for the determination of further information about the FEFTS field of application.
- Afterwards, a question regarding the FEFTS type (clean energy production, energy efficiency, soil carbon sequestration) follows.
- Clean energy production selection summarises renewable energy supply and therefore leads either to energy production or energy storage systems with sub questions to further determine this FEFTS characteristics.
- Energy efficiency improvement leads to the selection of a specific energy type improvement.
- Soil carbon sequestration is an auxiliary topic of relevant FEFTS and leads to a question regarding the determination of carbon sequestration type/strategy/method respectively.
All the questions of the current section are followed by specific questions, where users select the most appropriate option, aiming to a proper assessment and categorization of the FEFTS.
- Finally, an assessment process of the FEFTS (general, environmental and socioeconomic) accompanies the specification and categorization of FEFTS, aiming to evaluate the FEFTS and its impact of the above-mentioned topics, as well as its applicability and efficiency. Users are able either to select from a multiple selection list of possible options, or to score several arguments/concepts based on their perception regarding the FEFTS, using a Likert scale (1-totally disagree, 2-disagree, 3-neutral, 4-agree, 5-totally agree). In case that a FEFTS has no impact on a specific field, please select the option neutral (3).